Can you really make money with affiliate marketing?
This article is in my series of the how, why, what, do and can series, which in this case is about whether or not you can make money with affiliate marketing. Let’s take a look at a few questions about making money in affiliate marketing and let’s begin with the question “how much money can you make as an affiliate marketer“.
This article includes a how, a can, a where and a what as follows:
- How much money can you make as an affiliate marketer?
- Can you make money with affiliate marketing 2020?
- Where can I post my affiliate links for free?
- What are the highest paying affiliate programs?
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Find out more how this works in this affiliate marketing for beginners article here.
How much money can you make as an affiliate marketer?
How much money you make from affiliate marketing is really down to how hard you work and which niche or market you enter. But also it’s about whether you’re looking to replace your full-time income or whether you want to supplement your day job with a side hustle. But let’s take a look at the levels you might expect to make as an affiliate marketer.
Various levels of affiliate marketer earnings:
- Beginner-level affiliates: Beginner affiliate marketers can expect to start making between $50-100 per week;
- Progressed-level affiliates: The next level when you progress from being a newbie to affiliate marketing to the next level, you can start to earn between $150-300/day;
- Intermediate-level affiliates: As you get better at affiliate marketing, and perhaps your content really starts to kick in with traffic volume to your blog or website if you’re a content marketer, you could start to earn anything between the $300 per day to $3,000 a day;
- High-level or Super Affiliates: Once you surpass the intermediate level of affiliate marketing, it kinder becomes self-fulfilling and self-perpetuating really. So at the high level it’s almost sky’s the limit. You really can earn over the intermediate level of $3,000 per day and join the Super Affiliates or become a “guru of affiliate marketing”. If you become a super-affiliate, you can be making in excess of $10,000 per day, which represents $3,650,000 per year!
Your very first affiliate commission cheque
To spur you on with your journey to become an affiliate marketer, I guarantee you’ll always remember the feeling you get when you receive your first affiliate commission. It’s great! You wake up and sign into your affiliate portal, and there is your first commission money sitting there as a result of one of your referrals. Is the feeling better than sex? Well perhaps you can come back to this article to let me know what you think and comment below!
If your aim is to become or to to join the super affiliates, or at least to become an intermediate level affiliate marketer as soon as possible, I recommended you take a look at joining the Commission-Hero Training course with Robby Blanchard, where Robby is classed as one of the super affiliates or a guru of the affiliate world. At one point he was the No. 1 affiliate marketer on ClickBank!
However, if this level isn’t right for you, you may like to read an article I wrote on affiliate universities or colleges here: What universities offer affiliate marketing programs (6 college alternatives).
Can you make money with affiliate marketing 2020?
You may be worried you’ve “missed the boat” of affiliate marketing. There couldn’t be anything further from the truth. In fact making money with affiliate marketing in 2020 is possibly one the best times to begin. The world has just been hit, and as I write this article is still suffering from it, by a world pandemic of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The world is already changing and will definitely be a changed place post COVID-19. This has provided an excellent opportunity for affiliate marketers and eCommerce traders to make more money. I don’t want you to think this is about making light of the pandemic or that I see it as a money-making opportunity. It’s a terrible thing and many have lost their lives, their loved-ones and its very upsetting.
However, getting through the other side of COVID-19 is about how you deal with it yourself. You may have lost your job or your business. You livelihood may be at stake and you are rethinking what you do. There’s nothing wrong in this thinking.
Therefore, to answer the question “can you make money with affiliate marketing 2020” is YES absolutely!
If you’re trying to start an affiliate marketing business with not much money, you may be trying to find places to post affiliate links for free.
There are many places where you can post these links for free, as follows:
- YouTube: To post free affiliate links on YouTube you will need a YouTube account and you will need to create videos to go with the links.
- Social media sites: This includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and so on. Setting up an account with any of the social media websites is free and they have ready-made traffic to market your affiliate links to. This can also include Facebook Groups, but a word of warning, you have to be very careful you’re not kicked out for spamming.
- Niche-specific forums: There are literally millions of forums on the internet. Sign up to one of these and contribute, but another word of warning, don’t subscribe to any forum and simply post affiliate links, as this is the quickest way to get booted off. You need to add value and be seen to be helping people and contributing first.
- Quora: Quora is a place where people ask questions. If you can answer peoples questions and pop a link in there, you may get affiliate commissions when the click your link. But make sure to give good answers and the affiliate link MUST be relevant to the question being asked.
- Gumtree: For you to post your free affiliate links on Gumtree you simply need to set up a free account.
What are the highest paying affiliate programs?
There are many affiliate programs for you to choose from, but here are a few to be getting on with.
Top picks for the top high paying affiliate programs:
- Clickfunnels: Clickfunnels affiliates program pays 40% recurring, but you need to have made $10,000 or more in commissions to join.
- Web-hosting with either Bluehost, Hostgator, Liquid Web or Hostinger: The Bluehost affiliate program is an extremely popular in the web hosting space affiliate program, currently paying $65 per sign-up. Liquid Web is an interesting proposition, as you could earn up to $7,000 for their high-end hosting packages.
- Affiliate vendors on ClickBank: There are many good and high paying affiliate programs on ClickBank.
- Amazon: Amazon is such a large online affiliate resource and depending on your niche, you could be raking in good commissions on what you sell from your affiliate links to Amazon.
- Hubspot: Hubspot offers a suite of Internet Marketing Tools for businesses and website owners. For affiliate marketers, you can earn up to $1,000 in commission in their Enterprise package.
- Shopify & Shopify Plus: Shopify is a useful online eCommerce Store program, paying affiliate commissions of anywhere between $58 for their basic to $2,000 for the plus package. There alternative to Shopify is Volusion, who compete for the eCommerce Store space. They have a similar max affiliate payout too.
The affiliate programs I have included and shared here are the ones that are international. There will be other affiliate programs that are country specific or very niche specific, but these are a start for you to consider.
Mentioning Shopify above, if you’ve not decided how you want to make money online yet, the other alternative to affiliate marketing is setting up an eCommerce store. If you are interest in this as a way to make money online working from home, you may like to look at J R Fisher’s EcomRoad course, I have reviewed the EcomRoad Course here.
I hope you enjoyed this article about how much money can you make as an affiliate marketer
If you’ve benefitted from reading this article on “how much money can you make as an affiliate marketer” please share it on your favourite social media site.
Also, if you have anything to add or if you have any questions, please feel free to comment below too.
There will also be many more articles about affiliate marketing for you to read and learn about, so please bookmark this blog.
Happy content marketing!